1. Everybody Here Wants You- Jeff Buckley
This song is literally one of my favorites. It just showcases Buckley’s sexy, sultry voice perfectly, and the slow percussion in the background adds to the sexiness of the song. I feel like his words crawl up my spine because of his intonation.
Check out the live version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C7SgP-HeEM
2. You’re the One that I Want- Angus & Julia Stone
Great cover of the Grease original by Olivia Newton-John. Very sweet and the chorus always gets me.
3. A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall- Bob Dylan (covered by Jason Mraz)
Seven minutes of pure perfection. Depressing at times, for realists, this song is a mantra.
4. Can’t Go To Sleep (Without You)- Josh Ritter
“But they’re here and you’re not, and it’s my luck”
There’s always something that pulls at my heartstrings when a boy simply sings to a girl about not being able to sleep because of too much missing, thinking, and wishing.
5. All We Have- OK Sweetheart
You have to listen to the piano intro for this one. It’s insanely sweet. Her voice also matches the optimistic outlook of the song.
The perfect video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj2NoRgPyGU
6. I will let you go- Daniel Ahearn
“No more paving the present with pain from the past.”
I don’t think the alliteration here is a conicidence. For me, it somehow echoes the sound of tears the singer has for the person they are singing about. This breakup song is ridiculously depressing, but it’s a boy letting a girl go because he loves her.
7. If It’s The Beaches- The Avett Brothers
At first, I had no idea what the hell this song was going to be about and was about to pass it up in my Spotify playlists. Thank God I hadn’t. This song. THIS SONG.
In contrary to the song before, this is a declaration of a boy’s love for a girl he did not take care of at the time. It brings a hopeful story, something we have heard many times but love to hear again and again.
8. Neopolitan Dreams- Lisa Mitchell
Her voice is just angelic. It reminds me of “Dream” by Priscilla Ahn.
9. For A Nightingale- Fionn Regan
Another “I would” type of song. What can I say? I like the alternate reality that songs emit.
10. Clean Slate- M. Ward
Can’t get enough of M. Ward. 😉
So, that’s it! So sorry this post took so long, but it’s here, haha. As always, like and comment please! From this side of the world, good night :**
- Top 10 Indie Love Songs (week 1) (thisgirlchristine.wordpress.com)
- My Top 10 Indie Love Songs (as of April 2013) (thisgirlchristine.wordpress.com)
- 16) Jeff Buckley – Grace (1994) (ninetiesalbums.wordpress.com)
- Zooey Deschanel switches to singing ; ‘New Girl’ actress turns to music following divorce, reveals future plans in interview [Charleston Daily Mail (WV)] (hispanicbusiness.com)